We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, particularly, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at our address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you. Personal information may be stored on our computer system, and in hard-copy form.
The payment process is protected by industry standard encryption so that we can promise you that no one can intercept your details. While you shop online at Ruby Maine we promise that you are fully protected. Our online merchant is Commonwealth Bank and our payment option is PayPal or credit card.
The payment process is protected by industry standard 128-bit SSL encryption between your browser and the Ruby Maine site, and again between the Ruby Maine site and the payment gateway. This will prevent transaction information from being intercepted as it travels between the respective servers/computers.
Your Credit Card details while using the E-Way gateway are collected at each order, and are NEVER stored on the web server in any format. This eliminates the risk of your financial information being accessed by any third-party.